Logic…

May 7, 2008

dog_riding_sharks_1280.jpgCarlos has a turtle, a shark, a lizard, and a dog.  Their names are Biter, Snapper, Koko, and Charlie.  Snapper is the turtle.  Biter is not the dog or the lizard.  Koko is the dog.  What is the lizard’s name?  Explain your thinking.

14 Responses to “Logic…”

1.   shekeil on May 7, 2008 12:57 pm

Dear Ms.Baula,
    I think Charlie is the turtle because just Snapper and Charlie so I say Charlie. And the math was fun.
    Sincerely,
    Shekeil

2.   alberta24 on May 7, 2008 12:57 pm

Dear Ms.Baula,

The name is charlie because it said snapper is the turtle and Koko is the dog so the last name is charlie and the last animal is the lizard so the lizard is charlie.
    That is how I solved this problem.
    Sincerely,
    Albert :)

3.   luis24 on May 7, 2008 1:03 pm

Dear Ms. Baula,

We know that snapper is the turtle and koko is the dog. So that leaves the lizard and the shark. Biter isn’t the lizard. So he is the shark which leaves Charlie to be the lizard.

Sincerely,
    Luis

4.   erika24 on May 7, 2008 1:05 pm

Dear Ms. Baula,

Well I think is Charlie because it sounds more like a lizards name but other people mite of think that it was a Biter but if they read the little pasege slowly and carefuly so thats why by prosses of ilimanation it’s Charlie because it clearly says Snapper is the turtle and then it says BITER is NOT the dog or the lizard and the dogs name is Koko so its Charlie. So I think that because Koko is the dogs. So by prosses of ilimanation.

Love,
    Erika

5.   rachel418 on May 7, 2008 1:06 pm

Dear Ms.Baula,

I think snaper because it not koko because thats the dog and biter it not the lizzerds
    name because it says it in the passage so I’m pretty sure it snapper and the turtles
    name is biter because thats not the dogs or lizard so it haves to be the turtle.

your student,
    :) Rachel :)

6.   stephany24 on May 7, 2008 1:07 pm

Dear Ms.Baula,

I think it is charlie because snapper is the turtle right and koko is the dog so the last name was charlie it was really fun

Sincerely,
    Stephany

7.   victorial24 on May 7, 2008 1:10 pm

Dear Ms.baula,
    What i think is that charlie is the izards name because it says:

Carlos has a turtle, a shark, a lizard, and a dog. Their names are Biter, Snapper,Koko, and Charlie, Snapper is the turtle. Biter is not the dog or the lizard. Koko is the dog. What is the lizard’s name?

So i got the lizard’s name that is charlie because it says turtle the snapper shark the biter dog the koko and the lizard like charlie so thats what i got ms. baula so bye ms.baula…….

sinserely,
    victoria lopez

p.s. Bye ms. baula:)

8.   vanessa24 on May 7, 2008 1:11 pm

May 7, 2008

Dear Ms. Baula,

Hi Ms. Baula! :) The math was fun on the P.O.D and ten when we did the math book but I was tired and it was hard. The last question was hard for me and I see you have the same question and the answer is Charlie is the lizard. I got my answer by getting a piece of paper and I put the animals on top and I put the names on the bottom and the turtle is Snapper, Koko is the dog, and Biter is not a dog or a lizard so it would be the only one that doesn’t have a name and that isn’t a dog or a lizard so the shark. The last name is Charlie and the last animal is the lizard. There Ms.Baula I am done. I hope this is correct. Hope you have a great day. Bye Ms.Baula! :)

Your :) friend,
    Vanessa

9.   martha24 on May 7, 2008 1:12 pm

Dear Ms.Baula,

If Carlos has a turtle,a shark,a lizard, and a dog and there name are
    Biter,Snapper,Koko, and Charlie. And if Snapper is the turtle. Biter is not
    the dog or the lizard Koko is the dog then I think that the lizard’s name is
    Charlie because Snapper is the turtle Koko is the dog and Biter is the sharks
    so there’s going to be one left so that is going to be the lizard’s name that is Charlie.

Sincerely,
    Martha Larios

10.   brittneiM24 on May 9, 2008 12:40 pm

Dear Ms.Baula,
    The lizard’s name is Charlie because it says that the dogs name is snapper ,so I think it is Charlie.

Sincerely,
    Brittnei: )

11.   dennise24 on May 9, 2008 1:08 pm

Dear Ms.Baula
    The lizards name is Charlie.

12.   dennise24 on May 9, 2008 1:12 pm

P.S I forgot my thinking because it was the last one and because you can really tell.

13.   dennise24 on May 9, 2008 1:16 pm

P.P.S I found out because the dog was Koko and they were the last two so Charlie is the lizard

14.   kimberly24 on May 27, 2008 11:12 am

Dear :) Ms.Baula, :)

We know that Koko is the dog and snaper is the turtle. It said that biter is not the dog or the lizard, so that means that biter is the shark and the only name left was charlie, so that must of meant to be the lizards name. That is how I got my answer.
    Sincerely,
    :) Kimberly Gutierrez :)

Trackback URI | Comments RSS